[gpfsug-discuss] Ganesha all IPv6 sockets - ist this to be expected?

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 1 13:34:38 BST 2019

Hello,

I wanted to completely disable IPv6 to get ganesha to use IPv4 sockets only. Once we did set the sysctl configs to disable IPv6 *and* did rebuild the  initramfs.*.img file to include the new settings IPv6 was completely gone and ganesha did open an IPv4 socket only.  We missed to rebuild the initramfs.*.img file in the first trial. Rpcbind/ganesha failed to start without the initramfs rebuild.

Cheers, Heiner

Some related documents from netapp
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/8709#‌rhel7disable
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2798411