[gpfsug-discuss] Filesystem access issues via CES NFS

Leonardo Sala leonardo.sala at psi.ch
Tue Oct 1 08:03:05 BST 2019

Dear all,

we have similar issues on our CES cluster, and we do have 5.0.2-1. Could
anybody from IBM confirm that with 5.0.2-2 this issue should not be
there anymore? Should we go for 5.0.2-2 or is there a better release?

One thing we noticed: when we had the "empty ls" issue, which means:

- on CES NFSv3 export, a directory is wrongly reported as empty, while

- on kernel NFS export, this does not happen

if I do an ls on that directory on the CES export node, then magically
the empty dir issue disappears from all NFS clients, at least the ones
attached on that node. Is this compatible with the behaviour described
on the other sites?

thanks!

cheers

leo