[gpfsug-discuss] Compatibility question

Luke Raimbach luke.raimbach at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 22 01:12:27 GMT 2019

That would make my eyes water and maybe fall out. Yours might too of you
try it.

Be very careful with v3 upgrades, especially going up to v5 directly.

You will certainly run into RPC incompatibility problems with the v3 and v5
nodes running concurrently. Staying within the supported envelope of "one
major version" difference will ease the raising of support tickets with IBM
if you run into problems.

Why can't you upgrade the clients?