[gpfsug-discuss] orphaned deleted fileset

Zimmermann Alexander (ID SD) alexander.zimmermann at id.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 11 14:16:34 GMT 2019

Hi,

we've an orphaned deleted fileset in one of our filesystems:

[azi4ea at nas22ems01 ~]$ mmlsfileset /dev/fs2201 --deleted
Filesets in file system 'fs2201':
Name                     Status    Path
(chab_services_admin_s1) Deleted   /fs2201/.snapshots/@GMT-2019.10.21-10.45.55/chab_services_admin_s1
(biol_bc_azzalin_1)      Deleted   --
[azi4ea at nas22ems01 ~]$

biol_bc_azzalin_1 is now in that state for roughly 1 week, initially it was in the state Deleting until I ran (another?) mmdelfileset command on it. The order to delete it in our automation tool was completed in July so it's hard find out what went wrong back then.

Will it get cleaned up on its own and I'm only too impatient or do I need to intervene to get rid of it completely?

Many thanks in advance for your aid!

Kind regards,

Alexander Zimmermann

Alexander Zimmermann