[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS on RHEL 8.1

Jakobs, Julian julian.jakobs at cec.mpg.de
Mon Nov 11 11:25:29 GMT 2019

Hello,

has anyone already tried Spectrum Scale on RHEL 8.1? I can see from the GPFS
FAQ that "RHEL 8" (no minor version indicated) is supported as of the 5.0.4
release. However latest kernel level fully tested is 4.18.0-80, indicating
that only RHEL 8.0 was tested. I tested an installation with 8.1 (kernel
version 4.18.0-147) and mmbuildgpl failed due to errors while compiling the
gpl (incompatible pointer type).

Is this expected behaviour or is there maybe something else wrong with the
installation?

If this needs a new GPFS release, is there an estimated time? I would much
prefer to install it with RHEL 8.1 due to 8.0 not being a EUS release.

Best,

Julian Jakobs