[gpfsug-discuss] A net new cluster

Christopher Black cblack at nygenome.org
Fri Mar 29 19:13:19 GMT 2019

I was under the impression that AFM could not move between filesystems in the same cluster without going through NFS, but perhaps that is outdated. We’ve only used it in the past to move data between clusters. Could someone with more experience with AFM within a cluster comment? Our goal is to keep the same namespace/path for the users (and ideally keep the same filesystem name) by switching all clients to point to new cluster after a subset of (active) data had been migrated.

Best,
Chris