[gpfsug-discuss] mmlsquota output

Peter Childs p.childs at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 09:09:20 GMT 2019

On Mon, 2019-03-25 at 09:52 +0000, Robert Horton wrote:
> I don't know the answer to your actual question, but have you thought
> about using the REST-API rather than parsing the command outputs? I
> can
> send over the Python stuff we're using if you mail me off list.

Thanks, We don't currently run the REST-API, partly I've never got
around to getting the monitoring overhead working, and working out
which extra packages we need to go round our 300 nodes and install. Out
cluster has been gradually upgraded over the years from 3.5 and we
don't routinely install all the new packages the GUI needs on every
node. It might be nice to see a list of which Spectrum Scale packages
are needed for the different added value features in Scale.

I'm currently working on re-writing the cli quota reporting program
which was originally written in a combination of bash and awk. Its a
strict Linux Cli util for reporting quota's and hence I'd prefer to
avoid the overhead of using a Rest-API.

With reference to the issue people reported not being able to run
"mmlsfileset" as a user a few weeks ago, I've found a handy work-around
using "mmlsattr" instead, and yes it does use the -Y flag all the time.

I'd like to share the code, once its gone though some internal code
review......

With reference to the other post, I will I think raise a PMR for this
as it does not look like mmlsquota is working as documented.

Thanks

Peter Childs

--
Peter Childs