[gpfsug-discuss] Mistakenly AFM resync triggered: should I stop it?

Leonardo Sala leonardo.sala at psi.ch
Wed Jul 17 15:01:06 BST 2019

Dear all,

I do have a possibly stupid question, based on something stupid I did.
During a procedure to recover AFM transfers (which stopped for still to
be investigated reasons), I triggered by mistake a resync operation on
an healthy SW fileset (state: Inactive). The AFM cache in this case is
big, so this has triggered a big backlog and quite some network
activity. afmPrefetchThreshold is set to 0, so I am not too scared about
partially zero-filled data files. But what would it be the best course
of action now? Should I just let it run (ETA: ~20 hours, give or take),
or try to stop it? Also, given that this is some experimental data, what
would the safest course of action?

Thanks a lot!

cheers

leo