[gpfsug-discuss] Unbalanced pdisk free space

Dorigo Alvise (PSI) alvise.dorigo at psi.ch
Wed Jan 30 13:16:22 GMT 2019

Hello,
I've a Lenovo Spectrum Scale system DSS-G220 (software dss-g-2.0a) composed of
2x x3560 M5 IO server nodes
1x x3550 M5 client/support node
2x disk enclosures D3284
GPFS/GNR 4.2.3-7

Can anybody tell me if it is normal that all the pdisks of both my recovery groups, residing on the same physical enclosure have free space equal to (more or less) 1/3 of the free space of the pdisks residing on the other physical enclosure (see attached text files for the command line output) ?

I guess when the least free disks are fully occupied (while the others are still partially free) write performance will drop by a factor of two. Correct ?
Is there a way (considering that the system is in production) to fix (rebalance) this free space among all pdisk of both enclosures ?

Should I open a PMR to IBM ?

Many thanks,

   Alvise