[gpfsug-discuss] Question about Policies - using mmapplypolicy/EXTERNAL LIST/mmxargs

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Sun Dec 29 14:24:28 GMT 2019

Correct, you may need to use similar parsing/quoting techniques in your
renaming scripts.
0
Just remember, in Unix/Posix/Linux the only 2 special characters/codes in
path names are  '/'  and \0.  The former delimits directories and the
latter marks the end of the string.
And technically the latter isn't  ever in a path name, it's only used by
system APIs to mark the end of a string that is the pathname argument.

Happy New Year,