[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale mirrored filesets across sites.

Stephen Ulmer ulmer at ulmer.org
Wed Dec 18 13:50:47 GMT 2019

I want to say that AFM was in GPFS before there were editions, and that everything that was pre-edition went into Standard Edition.

That timing may not be exact, but Advanced edition has definitely never been required for “regular” AFM. For the longest time the only “Advanced” feature was encryption. Of course AFM-DR was eventually added to the Advanced Edition stream, which became DME with perTB licensing, which went to a GNR concert and spawned ECE from incessant complaining community feedback. :)

I’m not aware that anyone ever *wanted* Express Edition, except the Linux on Z people, because that’s all they were allowed to have for a while.

Liberty,

—
Stephen