[gpfsug-discuss] mmchconfig release=LATEST mmchfs FileSystem -V full

Sergi More sergi.more at bsc.es
Tue Dec 10 10:04:31 GMT 2019

Hi Juanma,

Yes, it is safe. We have done it several times. AFAIK it doesn't
actually change current data and metadata. Just states that filesystem
is using latest version, so new features can be enabled.

It is something to take into consideration specially when using
multicluster, or mixing different gpfs versions, as these could
potentially prevent older nodes to be able to mount the filesystems, but
this doesn't seem to be your case.

Best regards,
Sergi.

On 10/12/2019 10:45, FUENTES DIAZ, JUAN MANUEL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently our group have migrated the Spectrum Scale from 4.2.3.9 to
> 5.0.3.0. According to the documentation to finish and consolidate the
> migration we should also update the config and the filesystems to the
> latest version with the commands above. Our cluster is a single
> cluster and all the nodes have the same version. My question is if we
> can update safely with those commands without compromising the data
> and metadata.
>
> Thanks Juanma

      Sergi More Codina
      Operations - System administration
      Barcelona Supercomputing Center
      Centro Nacional de Supercomputacion
      WWW: http://www.bsc.es      Tel: +34-93-405 42 27
      e-mail: sergi.more at bsc.es   Fax: +34-93-413 77 21

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer