[gpfsug-discuss] Question about Policies

Kevin Doyle kevin.doyle at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Dec 27 11:45:14 GMT 2019

Hi

I work for Cancer Research UK MI in Manchester UK. I am new to GPFS and have been tasked with creating a policy that will
Move files older that 30 days to a new folder within the same pool. There are a lot of files so using a policy based move will be faster.
I have read about the migration Rule but it states a source and destination pool, we only have one pool. Will it work if I define the same source and destination pool ?

Many thanks
Kevin

Kevin Doyle | Linux Administrator, Scientific Computing
Cancer Research UK, Manchester Institute
The University of Manchester
Room 13G40, Alderley Park, Macclesfield SK10 4TG
Mobile:  07554 223480
Email: Kevin.Doyle at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:Kevin.Doyle at manchester.ac.uk>

[/Users/kdoyle/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1799188038]