[gpfsug-discuss] Quota: revert user quota to FILESET default

Popescu, Razvan rp2927 at gsb.columbia.edu
Thu Dec 19 17:22:20 GMT 2019

Hi,

I’d like to revert a user’s quota to the fileset’s default,   but “mmedquota -d -u <username>”  fails because I do have not set a filesystem default….

[root at xxx]# mmedquota -d -u user

gsb        USR         default quota is off

(SpectrumScale 5.0.3 Standard Ed. on RHEL7 x86)

Is this a limitation of the current mmedquota implementation, or of something more profound?...

I have several filesets within this filesystem, each with various quota structures.   A filesystem-wide default quota didn’t seem useful so I never defined one;  however I do have multiple fileset-level default quotas,   and this is the level at which I’d like to be able to handle this matter…   Have I hit a limitation of the implementation?  Any workaround, if that’s the case?

Many thanks,

Razvan Popescu
Columbia Business School