[gpfsug-discuss] Max number of vdisks in a recovery group - is it 64?

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 12 14:26:31 GMT 2019

Hello,

I remember that a GNR/ESS  recovery group can hold up to 64 vdisks, but I can’t find a citation to proof it. Now I wonder if  64 is the actual limit? And where is it documented? And did the limit change with versions? Thank you. I did spend quite some time searching the documentation, no luck .. maybe you know.

We run ESS 5.3.4.1 and the recovery groups have current/allowable  format version 5.0.0.0

Thank you,

Heiner
--
Heinrich Billich