[gpfsug-discuss] Fileheat

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 12 14:38:59 BST 2019

My Admin guide says:

The loss percentage and period are set via the configuration
variables fileHeatLossPercent and fileHeatPeriodMinutes. By default, the
file access temperature is not
tracked. To use access temperature in policy, the tracking must first be
enabled. To do this, set the two
configuration variables as follows:
fileHeatLossPercent
The percentage (between 0 and 100) of file access temperature dissipated
over the
fileHeatPeriodMinutes time. The default value is 10.
Chapter 25. Information lifecycle management for IBM Spectrum Scale 361
fileHeatPeriodMinutes
The number of minutes defined for the recalculation of file access
temperature. To turn on
tracking, fileHeatPeriodMinutes must be set to a nonzero value. The default
value is 0

SO Try setting both!

ALSO to take effect you may have to mmshutdown and mmstartup, at least on
the (client gpfs) nodes that are accessing the files of interest.