[gpfsug-discuss] Fileheat

Ulrich Sibiller u.sibiller at science-computing.de
Mon Aug 12 11:42:49 BST 2019

Hello,

I am having difficulties with Spectrum Scale's fileheat feature on Spectrum Scale 5.0.2/5.0.3:

The config has it activated:

# mmlsconfig | grep fileHeat
fileHeatPeriodMinutes 720

Now everytime I look at the files using mmapplypolicy I only see 0 for the fileheat. I have both
tried reading files via nfs and locally. No difference, the fileheat always stays at zero.

What could be wrong here? How to debug?

We are exporting the filesystem using kernel NFS which is working fine. However, the documentation
states that root access is not taken into account for fileheat, so I am wondering if that setup is
supposed to work at all?

Thx,

Uli

--