[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale Replication across failure groups

Prasad Surampudi prasad.surampudi at theatsgroup.com
Tue Apr 16 13:38:34 BST 2019

We have a filesystem with 'system' and 'v7kdata' pools. All the NSDs in v7kdata are with failure group '-1'. Filesystem metadata is already replicated. Now we are planning to replicate the filesystem data. So, If I add new NSDs with failure group '2'  in the v7kdata pool,  would I be able to replicate GPFS data between NSDs with '-1' failure group and NSDs with failure group '2' ? i.e have one copy of file on NSD with '-1' and another copy on NSD with failure group '2' ? or Do I have to change the NSDs with failure group '-1' to '1' ?

mobile 302.419.5833|fax 484.320.4306|psurampudi at theATSgroup.com<mailto:psurampudi at theATSgroup.com>

Galileo Performance Explorer Blog<http://galileosuite.com/blog/> Offers Deep Insights for Server/Storage Systems