[gpfsug-discuss] CES: ldap_down event

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Thu Sep 20 19:20:03 BST 2018

Simply restarting mmsysmon “mmsysmoncontrol restart” cleared the error – so I’m back to my basic question – why did this not clear on its own?

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance

From: "Oesterlin, Robert" <Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com>
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 1:05 PM
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] CES: ldap_down event

We’re not using LDAP for SMB, we’re using it for NFS – so gpfs.windbind isn’t active. As for the state of things:

[root at nrg-ces01 ~]# mmces state show -a
NODE                                AUTH       BLOCK      NETWORK   AUTH_OBJ   NFS        OBJ        SMB        CES
xxxxxxxxx.xxxx.us.grid.nuance.com   DEGRADED   DISABLED   HEALTHY   DISABLED   DEGRADED   DISABLED   DISABLED   DEGRADED
yyyyyyyyy.yyyy.us.grid.nuance.com   HEALTHY    DISABLED   HEALTHY   DISABLED   HEALTHY    DISABLED   DISABLED   HEALTHY

NFS is showing degraded because AUTH is degraded due to the LDAP error. However, I think the error is erroneous because the NFS service on that node is fine.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance
507-269-0413