[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum V5.0.0 and CentOS 7.5

Florian Bachmann bachmann.f at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:54:07 BST 2018

 From my experience you are better off with locking kernel packages at a
known-to-work version in production (e.g. install yum-plugin-versionlock
and do a yum versionlock "kernel*") and test new kernel versions in a
test environment. You cannot rely on made up rules like "minor version
updates will never break GPFS" or similiar; Linux kernel developers do
not care if GPFS works or not.

Kind Regards
Florian