[gpfsug-discuss] P_Key question

Knister, Aaron S. (GSFC-606.2)[InuTeq, LLC] aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 24 00:19:03 BST 2018

Dear GPFS’ers (or I guess Scalers...),

How do P_Keys work with remote clusters? E.g if I have a cluster using the default pkey and a remote cluster with verbsRdmaPkey set can the two communicate without using rdma cm? To take it a step further, what if cluster A has verbsRdmaCm disabled but the remote cluster has it enabled? Do I have any hope of making that work without changing the rdmaCm setting? Trying to secure cross cluster RDMA communication in any reasonable way is making my head hurt...

-Aaron