[gpfsug-discuss] Multihomed nodes and failover networks

Simon Thompson S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 15:59:08 BST 2018

Yes ... if the IB network goes down ...

But it's not really fault tolerant, as you need the admin network for token management, so you could lose IB and have data fail to the Ethernet path, but not lose Ethernet.

And it doesn't (or didn't) fail back to IB when IB come live again, though that might have changed with 5.0.2.

Simon

On 26/10/2018, 15:52, "gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org on behalf of xhejtman at ics.muni.cz" <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org on behalf of xhejtman at ics.muni.cz> wrote:

    On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 02:48:48PM +0000, Simon Thompson wrote:
    > If IB is enabled and is setup with verbs, then this is the preferred
    > network. GPFS will always fail-back to Ethernet afterwards, however what you
    > can't do is have multiple "subnets" defined and have GPFS fail between
    > different Ethernet networks.

    Does it fail-back to Etherenet even in runtime? I mean, doesn't fail-back
    happen only during mmstartup?

    --
    Lukáš Hejtmánek

    Linux Administrator only because