[gpfsug-discuss] Best way to migrate data : mmfind ... mmxcp

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 22 21:08:49 BST 2018

Rather than hack rsync or cp ... I proposed a smallish utility that would
copy those extended attributes and ACLs that cp -a just skips over.
This can be done using the documented GPFS APIs that were designed for
backup and restore of files.
SMOP and then add it as an option to samples/ilm/mmxcp

Sorry I haven't gotten around to doing this ... Seems like a modest sized
project...  Avoids boiling the ocean and reinventing or hacking rsync.

-- marc K