[gpfsug-discuss] Performance collector no results for Capacity

Anna Greim Anna.Greim at de.ibm.com
Thu Oct 11 07:41:25 BST 2018

Hi Richard,

one thing to note.

You tried "mmperfmon query GPFSFilesetQuota" to get metric data. So you
used the sensor's name instead of a metric name.
And compared it to "mmperfmon query cpu_user" where you used the metric
name.

mmperfmon will not return data, if you use the sensor's name instead of a
metric's name. I bet you got something like this returned:
[root at test-51 ~]# mmperfmon query GPFSFilesetQuota
Error: no data available for query
.

mmperfmon: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine
cause.

The log entries you found just tell you, that the collector does not know
any metric named "GPFSFilesetQuota".
Please try the query again with gpfs_rq_blk_current or
gpfs_rq_file_current.
If the collector never got any data for that metrics, it also does not
know those metrics' names.

But since you do not see any data in the GUI this might be the case. In
this case please check with "mmperfmon config show"
if the restrict field is set correctly. You should use the long gpfs name
and not the hostname. You can check, if the configuration file was
distributed
correctly in checking the /opt/IBM/zimon/ZIMonSensors.cfg on the node that
is supposed to start this monitor. If the mmperfmon command was
able to identify the restrict value correctly, this node should have your
configured period value instead of 0 in ZIMonSensors.cfg under the
GPFSFilesetQuota sensor. All other nodes
should include a period equal to 0.

Furthermore, of course, the period for GPFSFilesetQuota should be higher
than 0. Recommended is a value of 3600 (once per hour) since the
underlying command
is heavier on the system than other sensors. Change the values with the
"mmperfmon config update" command, so that it is distributed in the
system.
E.g. "mmperfmon config update GPFSFilesetQuota.restrict=<long_gpfs_name>"
and "mmperfmon config update GPFSFilesetQuota.period=3600"

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Greim, Anna

Software Engineer, Spectrum Scale Development
IBM Systems

Phone:
+49-7034-2740981

Mobil:
+49-172-2646541
 Am Weiher 24
Email:
anna.greim at de.ibm.com
 65451 Kelsterbach

 Germany

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294