[gpfsug-discuss] Pmsensors and gui

Simon Thompson S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 15:59:35 BST 2018

We do …

Its just the node is joined to the cluster as “hostname1-data.cluster”, but it also has a primary (1GbE link) as “hostname.cluster”…

Simon

From: <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org> on behalf of "rohwedder at de.ibm.com" <rohwedder at de.ibm.com>
Date: Tuesday, 9 October 2018 at 15:56
To: "gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org" <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Pmsensors and gui

Hello Simon,

the performance collector collects data from each node with the "hostname" as in /bin/hostname as key.
The GUI reaches out to all nodes and tries to map the GPFS node name to the local hostname on that node.

If the hostname is set identical to be "hostname" on all nodes, the mapping will not succeed,
So you will have to use unique hostnames on all cluster nodes.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Markus Rohwedder

Spectrum Scale GUI Development

________________________________

Phone:

+49 7034 6430190

IBM Deutschland Research & Development

[cid:2__=8FBB09B2DFC235B78f9e8a93df938690918c8FB@]

E-Mail:

rohwedder at de.ibm.com

Am Weiher 24

65451 Kelsterbach

Germany

[Inactive hide details for "Sobey, Richard A" ---09.10.2018 16:00:32---I can help with the first one as I had the issue a few we]"Sobey, Richard A" ---09.10.2018 16:00:32---I can help with the first one as I had the issue a few weeks ago. The answer from support is below,