[gpfsug-discuss] Long I/O's on client but not on NSD server(s)

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Oct 4 20:54:48 BST 2018

Hi All,

What does it mean if I have a few dozen very long I/O’s (50 - 75 seconds) on a gateway as reported by “mmdiag —iohist” and they all reference two of my eight NSD servers…

… but then I go to those 2 NSD servers and I don’t see any long I/O’s at all?

In other words, if the problem (this time) were the backend storage, I should see long I/O’s on the NSD servers, right?

I’m thinking this indicates that there is some sort of problem with either the client gateway itself or the network in between the gateway and the NSD server(s) … thoughts???

Thanks in advance…

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633