[gpfsug-discuss] ESS: mmvdisk filesystem with "--version" fails

Felipe Knop knop at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 9 16:02:12 GMT 2018

Stephen, Bob,

A colleague has suggested that the version number should be of the form (of
4-number)  V.R.M.F.  I believe two values are available for 4.2.3:

   4.2.3.0 and 4.2.3.9

("4.2.3" may not get recognized by the command)

The latter would be recommended since it includes a FS format 'tweak' to
allow GPFS to fix a complex deadlock. (I'm searching for a publication on
that)

  Felipe

----
Felipe Knop                                     knop at us.ibm.com