[gpfsug-discuss] Slightly OT: Getting from DFW to SC17 hotels in Dallas

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Sat Nov 3 20:21:50 GMT 2018

I took the bus back to the airport in Austin (the Airport Flyer). Was a good experience. If Austin is the city I’m thinking of, I took SuperShuttle to the hotel (I believe because I arrived late at night) and was the fourth hotel that got dropped off, which roughly doubled the trip time. There is that risk with the shared-ride shuttles.

In recent years, the only location without a solid public transit option was New Orleans (I used it anyway). They have an express airport bus, but the hours and frequency are not ideal (there’s a local bus as well, which is quite a bit slower).

SLC had good light rail service, Denver has good rail service from the airport to downtown, and Atlanta has good subway service (all of these I’ve used before). Typically the transit option is less than $10 round-trip (Denver’s is above-average at $9 each way), sometimes even less than $5.