[gpfsug-discuss] CES - suspend a node and don't start smb/nfs at mmstartup/boot

Billich Heinrich Rainer (PSI) heiner.billich at psi.ch
Wed Nov 14 16:20:12 GMT 2018

Hello,

how can I prevent smb, ctdb, nfs (and object) to start when I reboot the node or restart gpfs on a suspended ces node?  Being able to do this would make updates much easier

With

     # mmces node suspend –stop

I can move all IPs to other CES nodes and stop all CES services, what also releases the ces-shared-root-directory and allows to unmount the underlying filesystem.
But after a reboot/restart only the IPs stay on the on the other nodes, the CES services start up. Hm, sometimes I would very much prefer the services to stay down as long as the nodes is suspended and to keep the node out of the CES cluster as much as possible.

I did not try rough things like just renaming smbd, this seems likely to create unwanted issues.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Heiner Billich
--