[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs mount point not visible in snmp hrStorageTable

Henrik Cednert (Filmlance) henrik.cednert at filmlance.se
Wed Nov 7 06:31:45 GMT 2018

Hello

I will try my luck here. Trying to monitor capacity on our gpfs system via observium. For some reason hrStorageTable doesn’t pick up that gpfs mount point though. In diskTable it’s visible but I cannot use diskTable when monitoring via observium, has to be hrStorageTable (I was told by observium dev). Output of a few snmpwalks and more at the bottom.

Are there any obvious reasons for Centos 6.7 to not pick up a gpfs mountpoint in hrStorageTable? I’m not that snmp, nor gpfs, savvy so not sure if it’s even possible to in some way force it to include it in hrStorageTable…?

Apologies if this isn’t the list for questions like this. But feels like there has to  be one or two peeps here monitoring their systems here. =)

All these commands ran on that host:

df -h | grep ddnnas0
/dev/ddnnas0          1.7P  913T  739T  56% /ddnnas0

mount | grep ddnnas0
/dev/ddnnas0 on /ddnnas0 type gpfs (rw,relatime,mtime,nfssync,dev=ddnnas0)

snmpwalk -v2c -c secret localhost hrStorageDescr
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.1 = STRING: Physical memory
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.3 = STRING: Virtual memory
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.6 = STRING: Memory buffers
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.7 = STRING: Cached memory
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.10 = STRING: Swap space
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.31 = STRING: /
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.35 = STRING: /dev/shm
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.36 = STRING: /boot
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.37 = STRING: /boot-rcvy
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.38 = STRING: /crash
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.39 = STRING: /rcvy
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.40 = STRING: /var
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.41 = STRING: /var-rcvy

snmpwalk -v2c -c secret localhost dskPath
UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPath.1 = STRING: /ddnnas0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPath.2 = STRING: /

yum list | grep net-snmp
Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
net-snmp.x86_64                          1:5.5-60.el6                   @base
net-snmp-libs.x86_64                     1:5.5-60.el6                   @base
net-snmp-perl.x86_64                     1:5.5-60.el6                   @base
net-snmp-utils.x86_64                    1:5.5-60.el6                   @base
net-snmp-devel.i686                      1:5.5-60.el6                   base
net-snmp-devel.x86_64                    1:5.5-60.el6                   base
net-snmp-libs.i686                       1:5.5-60.el6                   base
net-snmp-python.x86_64                   1:5.5-60.el6                   base

Cheers and thanks

--
Henrik Cednert  /  + 46 704 71 89 54  /  CTO  /  Filmlance
Disclaimer, the hideous bs disclaimer at the bottom is forced, sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disclaimer