[gpfsug-discuss] Not recommended, but why not?

Bryan Banister bbanister at jumptrading.com
Mon May 7 17:53:19 BST 2018

Sure, many ways to solve the same problem, just depends on where you want to have the controls.  Having a separate VLAN doesn't give you as fine grained controls over each network workload you are using, such as metrics collection, monitoring, GPFS, SSH, NFS vs SMB, vs Object, etc.

But it doesn't matter how it's done as long as you ensure GPFS has enough bandwidth to function, cheers,
-Bryan