[gpfsug-discuss] Not recommended, but why not?

Bryan Banister bbanister at jumptrading.com
Fri May 4 18:30:05 BST 2018

You also have to be careful with network utilization… we have some very hungry NFS clients in our environment and the NFS traffic can actually DOS other services that need to use the network links.  If you configure GPFS admin/daemon traffic over the same link as the SMB/NFS traffic then this could lead to GPFS node evictions if disk leases cannot get renewed.  You could limit the amount that SMV/NFS use on the network with something like the tc facility if you’re sharing the network interfaces for GPFS and CES services.

HTH,
-Bryan