[gpfsug-discuss] Not recommended, but why not?

Sven Oehme oehmes at gmail.com
Fri May 4 17:26:54 BST 2018

there is nothing wrong with running CES on NSD Servers, in fact if all CES
nodes have access to all LUN's of the filesystem thats the fastest possible
configuration as you eliminate 1 network hop.
the challenge is always to do the proper sizing, so you don't run out of
CPU and memory on the nodes as you overlay functions. as long as you have
good monitoring in place you are good. if you want to do the extra
precaution, you could 'jail' the SMB and NFS daemons into a c-group on the
node, i probably wouldn't limit memory but CPU as this is the more critical
resource  to prevent expels and other time sensitive issues.

sven