[gpfsug-discuss] Recharging where HSM is used

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Thu May 3 15:37:11 BST 2018

Since I'm pretty proud of my awk one-liner, and maybe it's useful for this
kind of charging, here's how to sum up how much data each user has in the
filesystem (without regards to if the data blocks are offline, online,
replicated or compressed):

# cat full-file-list.policy
RULE EXTERNAL LIST 'files' EXEC ''

RULE LIST 'files'
     SHOW( VARCHAR(USER_ID) || ' ' ||
          VARCHAR(GROUP_ID) || ' ' ||
          VARCHAR(FILESET_NAME) || ' ' ||
           VARCHAR(FILE_SIZE) || ' ' ||
           VARCHAR(KB_ALLOCATED) )

# mmapplypolicy gpfs0 -P /gpfs/gpfsmgt/etc/full-file-list.policy -I defer
-f /tmp/full-file-list
# awk '{a[$4] += $7} END{ print "# UID\t Bytes" ; for (i in a) print i,
"\t", a[i]}' /tmp/full-file-list.list.files

Takes ~15 minutes to run on a 60 million file filesystem.

  -jf