[gpfsug-discuss] mmapplypolicy --choice-algorithm fast

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Mon May 28 09:23:00 BST 2018

Just found the Spectrum Scale policy "best practices" presentation from the
latest UG:

http://files.gpfsug.org/presentations/2018/USA/SpectrumScalePolicyBP.pdf

which mentions:

"mmapplypolicy … --choice-algorithm fast && ... WEIGHT(0) … (avoids final
sort of all selected files by weight)"

and looking at the man-page I see that "fast" "Works together with the
parallelized ‐g /shared‐tmp ‐N node‐list selection method."

I do a daily listing of all files, and avoiding unneccessary sorting would
be great.  So, what is really needed to avoid sorting for a file-list
policy?

Just "--choice-algorithm fast"? Also WEIGHT(0) in policy required? Also a
‐g /shared‐tmp ?

  -jf