[gpfsug-discuss] SMB server on GPFS clients and Followsymlinks

valleru at cbio.mskcc.org valleru at cbio.mskcc.org
Tue May 15 23:00:48 BST 2018

Hello All,

Has anyone tried serving SMB export of GPFS mounts from a SMB server on GPFS client? Is it supported and does it lead to any issues?
I understand that i will not need a redundant SMB server configuration.

I could use CES, but CES does not support follow-symlinks outside respective SMB export. Follow-symlinks is a however a hard-requirement  for to follow links outside GPFS filesystems.

Thanks,
Lohit