[gpfsug-discuss] Change pool-[meta]data_high_warn thresholds

Norbert Schuld NSCHULD at de.ibm.com
Wed Jun 6 09:00:06 BST 2018

Hi,

assuming 4.2.3 code level this can be done by deleting and recreating the
rule with changed settings:

# mmhealth thresholds list
### Threshold Rules ###
rule_name                metric                error  warn
direction  filterBy  groupBy
sensitivity
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
InodeCapUtil_Rule        Fileset_inode         90.0   80.0
high                 gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_fset_name      300
MetaDataCapUtil_Rule     MetaDataPool_capUtil  90.0   80.0
high                 gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_diskpool_name  300
DataCapUtil_Rule         DataPool_capUtil      90.0   80.0
high                 gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_diskpool_name  300
MemFree_Rule             mem_memfree           50000  100000            low
node                                               300

# mmhealth thresholds delete MetaDataCapUtil_Rule
The rule(s) was(were) deleted successfully

# mmhealth thresholds add MetaDataPool_capUtil --errorlevel 95.0
--warnlevel 85.0 --direction high --sensitivity 300 --name
MetaDataCapUtil_Rule --groupby
gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_diskpool_name

#  mmhealth thresholds list
### Threshold Rules ###
rule_name                metric                error  warn
direction  filterBy  groupBy
sensitivity
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
InodeCapUtil_Rule        Fileset_inode         90.0   80.0
high                 gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_fset_name      300
MemFree_Rule             mem_memfree           50000  100000            low
node                                               300
DataCapUtil_Rule         DataPool_capUtil      90.0   80.0
high                 gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_diskpool_name  300
MetaDataCapUtil_Rule     MetaDataPool_capUtil  95.0   85.0
high                 gpfs_cluster_name,gpfs_fs_name,gpfs_diskpool_name  300

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Norbert Schuld

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz /Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294