[gpfsug-discuss] Save the Date September 19-20 2018 GPFS/SS Users Group Meeting at ORNL

Kristy Kallback-Rose kkr at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 18 23:21:30 BST 2018

Hello all,

	There is an event being planned for the week of September 16, 2018 at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). This GPFS/Spectrum Scale UG meeting will be in conjunction with the HPCXXL User Group. We have done events like this in the past, typically in NYC, however, with the announcement of Summit (https://www.ornl.gov/news/ornl-launches-summit-supercomputer <https://www.ornl.gov/news/ornl-launches-summit-supercomputer>) and it’s 250 PB, 2.5 TB/s GPFS installaion it is an exciting time to have ORNL as the venue.

	Per usual, the GPFS day will be free, however, this time the event will be split across two days, Wednesday (19th) afternoon and Thursday (20th) morning This way, if you want to travel out Wednesday morning and back Thursday afternoon it’s very do-able. If you want to stay around Thursday afternoon there will be a data center tour available.

	There will be some additional approval processes to attend at ORNL and we’ll share those details and more in the coming weeks. If you are interested in presenting something your site is working on, please let us know. User talks are always well received.

	Save a space on your calendar and hope to see you there.

Best,
Kristy

PS - We will, as usual, also have an event at SC18, more on that soon as well.