[gpfsug-discuss] -o syncnfs has no effect?

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 23 04:06:33 BST 2018

Hi,

mmchfs Device -o syncnfs    is the correct way of setting the syncnfs so
that it applies to the file system both on the home and the remote cluster
On 4.2.3+  syncnfs is the default option on Linux . Which means GPFS will
implement the syncnfs behavior regardless of what the mount command says
The documentation indicates that mmmount Device -o syncnfs=yes   appears to
be the correct syntax.  When I tried that, I do see 'syncnfs=yes' in the
output of the 'mount' command
To change the remote mount option so that you don't have to specify the
option on the command line every time you do mmmount, instead of using
mmchfs, one should use mmremotefs update -o.

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.