[gpfsug-discuss] Same file opened by many nodes / processes

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 10 17:15:14 BST 2018

I would start by making sure that the application(s)... open the file
O_RDONLY and then you may want to fiddle with the GPFS atime settings:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.0/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r2.ins.doc/bl1ins_atime.htm

At first I thought "uge" was a typo, but I guess you are referring to:
https://supcom.hgc.jp/english/utili_info/manual/uge.html

Still not begin familiar, it would be "interesting" to know from a file
operations point of view, what's going on in terms of opens, reads, closes
: per second.