[gpfsug-discuss] mmdiag --iohist question

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Jul 11 15:32:37 BST 2018

Hi All,

Quick question about “mmdiag —iohist” that is not documented in the man page … what does it mean if the client IP address field is blank?  That the NSD server itself issued the I/O?  Or ???

This only happens occasionally … and the way I discovered it was that our Python script that takes “mmdiag —iohist” output, looks up the client IP for any waits above the threshold, converts that to a hostname, and queries SLURM for whose jobs are on that client started occasionally throwing an exception … and when I started looking at the “mmdiag —iohist” output itself I do see times when there is no client IP address listed for a I/O wait.

Thanks…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633