[gpfsug-discuss] Filesystem Operation error

Grunenberg, Renar Renar.Grunenberg at huk-coburg.de
Wed Jul 4 06:47:28 BST 2018

Hallo All,
follow a short story from yesterday on Version 5.0.1.1. We had a 3 - Node cluster (2 Nodes for IO and the third for a quorum Buster function).
A Admin make a mistake an take a delete of the 3 Node (VM). We restored ist with a VM Snapshot no Problem. The only point here we lost complete
7 desconly disk. We defined new one and want to delete this disk with mmdeldisk. On 6 Filesystems no problem but one has now a Problem.
We delete this disk finaly with mmdeldisk fsname -p. And we see now after a successfully mmdelnsd the old disk already in following display.

mmlsdisk tsmconf -L
disk                      driver   sector     failure holds    holds                                    storage
name                      type       size       group metadata data  status        availability disk id pool         remarks
------------              -------- ------ ----------- -------- ----- ------------- ------------ ------- ------------ ---------
nsd_tsmconf001_DSK20 nsd         512           0 Yes      Yes   ready         up                 1 system        desc
nsd_g4_tsmconf       nsd         512           2 No       No    removing refs down               2 system
nsd_tsmconf001_DSK70 nsd         512           1 Yes      Yes   ready         up                 3 system        desc
nsd_g4_tsmconf1      nsd         512           2 No       No    ready         up                 4 system        desc

After that all fs-cmd geneate a fs operation error here like this.
Error=MMFS_SYSTEM_UNMOUNT, ID=0xC954F85D, Tag=3882673:   Unrecoverable file system operation error.  Status code 65536.   Volume tsmconf
Questions:
1. What does this mean ‘removing refs’. Now we don’t have the possibility to handle these disk. The disk itself is no more existend, but in the stripegroup a referenz is available.
nsd_g4_tsmconf: uid 0A885085:577BB637, status ReferencesBeingRemoved, availability Unavailable,
             created on node 10.136.80.133, Tue Jul  5 15:29:27 2016
             type 'nsd', sector size 512, failureConfigVersion 424
             quorum weight {0,0}, failure group: id 2, fg index 1
             locality group: id 2, lg index 1
             failureGroupStrP: (2), rackId 2, locationId 0, extLgId 0
             nSectors 528384 (0:81000) (258 MB), inode0Sector 131072
             alloc region: no of bits 0, seg num -1, offset 0, len 72
             suballocator 0x18015B8A7A4 type 0 nBits 32 subSize 0 dataOffset 4
               nRows 0 len/off:
             storage pool: 0
             holds nothing
             sectors past efficient device boundary: 0
             isFenced: 1
             start Region No: -1 end Region No:-1
             start AllocMap Record: -1
2. Are there any cmd to handle these?
3. Where can I find the Status code 65536?

A PMR is also open.

Any Hints?

Regards Renar

Renar Grunenberg
Abteilung Informatik – Betrieb

HUK-COBURG
Bahnhofsplatz
96444 Coburg
Telefon:        09561 96-44110
Telefax:        09561 96-44104
E-Mail: Renar.Grunenberg at huk-coburg.de
Internet:       www.huk.de
________________________________
HUK-COBURG Haftpflicht-Unterstützungs-Kasse kraftfahrender Beamter Deutschlands a. G. in Coburg
Reg.-Gericht Coburg HRB 100; St.-Nr. 9212/101/00021
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bahnhofsplatz, 96444 Coburg
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Heinrich R. Schradin.
Vorstand: Klaus-Jürgen Heitmann (Sprecher), Stefan Gronbach, Dr. Hans Olav Herøy, Dr. Jörg Rheinländer (stv.), Sarah Rössler, Daniel Thomas.
Diese Nachricht enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Nachricht.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Nachricht ist nicht gestattet.

This information may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this information in error) please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this information.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this information is strictly forbidden.