[gpfsug-discuss] ESS bring up the GPFS in recovery group without takeover

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Sat Jan 6 11:17:34 GMT 2018

Hi Veera,

Can you please help in answering Damir's query.

---------------------------
My question is, is there a way of brining back the IO server into the mix
without the recoverygroup takeover happening? Could I just start a gpfs
and have it back in the mix as a backup server for the recoverygroup and
if so, how do you do that. Right now that server is designated as primary
server for the recovery group. I would like to have both IO servers in the
mix for redundancy purposes.
---------------------------

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479
.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.