[gpfsug-discuss] mounts taking longer in 4.2 vs 4.1?

Loic Tortay tortay at cc.in2p3.fr
Thu Feb 8 07:08:50 GMT 2018

On 07/02/2018 22:28, Aaron Knister wrote:
> I noticed something curious after migrating some nodes from 4.1 to 4.2
> which is that mounts now can take foorrreeevverrr. It seems to boil down
> to the point in the mount process where getEFOptions is called.
>
> To highlight the difference--

[...]
Hello,
I have had this (or a very similar) issue after migrating from 4.1.1.8
to 4.2.3.  There are 37 filesystems in our main cluster, which made the
problem really noticeable.

A PMR has been opened.  I have tested the fixes included in 4.2.3.7,
(which, I'm told, should be released today) actually resolve my problems
(APAR IJ03192 & IJ03235).

Loïc.
--
|   Loïc Tortay <tortay at cc.in2p3.fr>  -     IN2P3 Computing Centre     |