[gpfsug-discuss] Grafana Bridge/OpenTSDB-related question

Kristy Kallback-Rose kkr at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 1 18:10:46 GMT 2018

Sorry this is slightly OT from GPFS, but it is an issue I’m bumping up against trying to use Grafana with the IBM-provided OpenTSDB bridge for Zimon stats.

My issue is very similar to the one posted here, which comes to a dead end (https://community.grafana.com/t/one-alert-for-group-of-hosts/2090 <https://community.grafana.com/t/one-alert-for-group-of-hosts/2090>)

I’d like to use the Grafana alert functionality to monitor for thresholds on individual nodes, NSDs etc. The ugly way to do this would be to add a metric and alert for each node, NSD or whatever I want to watch for threshold crossing. The better way to do this would be to let a query report back the node, NSD, whatever so I can generate an alert such as “CPU approaching 100% on <nodename>”

So my question is does anyone have a clever workaround or alternate approach to achieve this goal?

Thanks,
Kristy