[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS API

Simon Thompson S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Mon Dec 17 15:07:39 GMT 2018

Hi,

This is all probably perfectly clear to someone with the GPFS source code but … we’re looking at writing some code using the API documented at:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r01.doc/pdf/scale_cpr.pdf

Specifically gpfs_getacl() function, in the docs you pass acl, and the notes say “Pointer to a buffer mapped by the structure gpfs_opaque_acl_t or gpfs_acl_t, depending on the value of flags. The first four bytes of the buffer must contain its total size.”. Reading the docs for gpfs_opaque_acl_t, this is a struct of which the first element is an int. Is this the same 4 bytes referred to as above containing the size, and is this the size of the struct, of of the acl_var_data entry?

It strikes me is should probably be the length of acl_var_data, but it is not entirely clear?

Thanks

Simon