[gpfsug-discuss] More Drives For DDN 12KX

Robert Esnouf robert at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 09:31:10 BST 2018

Realistically I can't see why you'd want to risk invalidating the support contracts that you have in place. You'll also take on worrying about firmware etc etc that is normally taken care of!

You will need the caddies as well.

We've just done this exercise SFA12KXE and 6TB SAS drives and as well as doubling space we got significantly more performance (after mmrestripe, unless your network is the bottleneck).

We left 10 free slots for a potential SSD upgrade (in case of a large increase in inodes or small files).

Regards,
Robert

--

Dr Robert Esnouf

University Research Lecturer,
Director of Research Computing BDI,
Head of Research Computing Core WHG,
NDM Research Computing Strategy Officer

Main office:
Room 10/028, Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics,
Old Road Campus, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK

Emails:
robert at strubi.ox.ac.uk / robert at well.ox.ac.uk / robert.esnouf at bdi.ox.ac.uk

Tel:   (+44)-1865-287783 (WHG); (+44)-1865-743689 (BDI)