[gpfsug-discuss] Those users....

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Aug 22 21:35:57 BST 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 17:12:24 -0000, "Oesterlin, Robert" said:

> Sometimes, I look at the data that's being stored in my file systems and just shake my head:
>
> /gpfs/<path removed>/Restricted/EventChangeLogs/deduped/working contains 17,967,350 files (in ONE directory)

I've got  114,029  files of the form:

/gpfs/archive/tenant/this/that/F:\the\other\thing\what\where\they\thinking/apparently/not/much.dat

I admit being mystified -  how does such a mess happen? (Note that our tenant users are
only able to access the GPFS filesystem through NFS - which is only exported to other Linux
systems....)