[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Independent Fileset Limit vs Quotas?

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Sun Aug 12 14:05:53 BST 2018

That's interesting, I confess I never read that piece of documentation.
What's also interesting, is that if you look at this doc for quotas:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.3/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r23.doc/bl1adm_change_quota_anynum_users_onproject_basis_acrs_protocols.htm

The word independent appears only once in a "Note": It is recommended to
create an independent fileset for the project.

AND if you look at the mmchfs or mmchcr command you see:

--perfileset-quota
 Sets the scope of user and group quota limit checks to the individual
fileset level, rather than to the entire file system.

With no mention of "dependent" nor "independent"...