[gpfsug-discuss] Problem using group pool for migration

Powell (US), Richard E Richard.E.Powell at boeing.com
Tue Aug 21 19:23:50 BST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the "GROUP POOL" feature for file migration with FILE_HEAT, similar to one of the ilm sample scripts.  The problem I'm having is that it seems to be identifying the candidates correctly but, anytime I use the "group pool" name for the "to pool", it only selects the first candidate for migration.  If I specify a single pool name for the "to pool", it selects multiple files as expected.

Here are the policy rules I'm using:

RULE 'gp' GROUP POOL 'gpool' is 'ssd' then 'disk1'
RULE 'repack' MIGRATE FROM POOL 'gpool' TO POOL 'gpool' WEIGHT(FILE_HEAT)

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something or if this is a real bug.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?

I'm running 4.2.3.8 on RHEL 6.

Thanks!
Richard